Here is a wonderful and healthy entrée that can be grilled outdoors. We suggest pairing this with our Au Bon Climat Chardonnay from the Sanford and Benedict Vineyard. This wine is very versatile for a rich, barrel-aged Chardonnay. It can hold up to creamier dishes such as risottos or pastas, while also complimenting smokier dishes.
- 1-1.5 pounds of Halibut
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs of Oregano
- 3 rashers of Bacon (optional)
- 1 cup of Panko crumbs
- 4 Apricots
- 1-2 heads of Romaine
- Clendenen Family Olive Oil
- If you decide to use the bacon, cook until crispy.
- In a food processor, blitz the garlic cloves, oregano, bacon (optional), panko, olive oil, and a dash of salt and pepper. The consistency should stick together, but not be too soggy.
- Turn the grill on. Use high heat.
- Portion the halibut if needed. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Half and pit the apricots. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Half or quarter the romaine, depending on size. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Add the panko crust to the halibut. Spray the hot grill with oil. Place the fish on the grill and do not move it. Close the grill for 2 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size.
- When the fish is half-way cooked, add the romaine and apricots to the grill. When the romaine and apricots have a nice char, they are ready to remove.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil and finish the dish with some nice sea salt. Voila!
*Pro tip: Use a cake tester or a thin knife, insert into the thickest part of the fish. Then place it under your lip, or on your wrist. If it’s hot, then the fish is done!